We operate our own scrap metal yard at Littleton Panell, Nr Devizes, Wiltshire. This site is open to both the general public and trade customers for the ‘weighing in’ of all types of metals, whether it is a few kilos to several tonnes. We pay out for metals based on the type of metal and the weight. For examples of the types of metals accepted please refer to the lists below:
Common items brought into us:
- Car wheels/Alloys (not including tyres)
- Corrugated steel cladding
- Decommissioned or old industrial machinery/equipment
- Electric cables (e.g. old extension leads)
- Immersion boilers/heaters
- Metal baths
- Metal farm buildings and Dutch barns
- Metal scaffolding
- Metal structure framework/buildings
- Rolled Steel Joists (RSJs)
- Sheet metal
- Surplus metals from construction works
- Washing machines/tumble dryers/dish washers
Types of Metals accepted:
- Aluminium drinks cans
- Brazery (copper with joints e.g. domestic water pipes)
- Electric cables and wires
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- ELV site for scrap cars
- Light Iron
- Steel drinks cans
- Steel swarf
Prices paid out for metal regularly change based on market values.
Due to Government legislation, in particular the Scrap Metal Dealers Act of 2013, we cannot pay cash for metals. We can only pay you with a credit transfer to your bank account or write out a cheque. A valid form of photo ID must also be presented e.g. driving licence card or passport with a utility bill.
|Mondays – Fridays||Saturdays||Sundays|
|Opening Time:||Closing Time:||Opening Time:||Closing Time:||–|
|0800 Hrs||1700 Hrs||0800 Hrs||1200 Hrs||Closed|
*Please call ahead for Saturday opening hours – as some Saturdays the yard is not open.
Please note that it is advisable for personal protective clothing to be worn on site at all times. These items include safety footwear, high visibility clothing and hard hats.
- How can I receive payment for the metal I would like to scrap
Either a credit transfer to a bank account or a cheque can be written out.
- What ID do I need to bring with me as a proof of identity?
A valid form of photographic ID must be presented e.g. driving licence or passport is acceptable. If a passport is presented then it must be with a utility bill. A passport does not show the holder’s address.
- Where is the scrap metal yard?
- Can I scrap a car at your scrap yard?
Yes, we operate a fully licenced end of life vehicle de-pollution station at our yard. For more information please follow the link to the vehicle disposal page.